Ryan A. Naujoks, M.D.
Ryan A. Naujoks, M.D.
Orthopaedic Surgery / Hand & Upper Extremity
Office: (860) 347-7636
Fax: (860) 894-1894
Hand & Wrist Surgery
Arthroscopic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
- Dr. Naujoks is a 1998 graduate of Bowdoin College where he was a James Bowdoin Scholar and graduated magna cum laude with High Honors. He earned his medical degree from the University of Connecticut School of Medicine in 2004. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and was awarded the Butterfield Award for Excellence in Orthopedic Trauma Surgery. He then went on to specialize in the treatment of hand and upper extremity injuries as a fellow at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Dr. Naujoks is an affiliate of Middlesex Hospital and Middlesex Center for Advanced Orthopedic Surgery. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, the Middlesex County Medical Association, the Connecticut State Medical Society, and the Connecticut Orthopedic Society.
- Dr. Naujoks is married and has three children. He enjoys spending time with family, traveling, woodworking and sports.
- August, 2009 – July, 2010
Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship – Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
Program Director: Mark Baratz, M.D.
- July, 2004 – June, 2009
University of Connecticut Orthopedic Residency
Chairman: Jay Lieberman, M.D.
Program Director: Bruce Browner, M.D.
- August, 2000 – May, 2004
University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT
M.D., May, 2004
- August, 1994 – May, 1998
Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME
Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude with High Honors, June, 1998
German Major, Biochemistry Minor
James Bowdoin Scholar: 1994 – 1998
- Orthopedic Associates of Middletown, PC – 2010 to Present
- Butterfield Award for Excellence in Orthopedic Trauma Surgery – 2009
- Arciero / Warner Research Presentation Award, New England Shoulder Elbow Society – 2009
- Van Swearingen Medical Scholarship – 2001 to 2004
- Garcelon and Merritt Medical Scholarship – 2000 to 2004
- University of Connecticut Medical School Alumni Scholarship – 2000 to 2001
- Middlesex Hospital – 2010 to Present
- Middlesex Center for Advanced Orthopedic Surgery, Middletown, CT – 2010 to Present
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- Certified Subspecialty in Hand Surgery 2016
- Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery in 2012
- State of Connecticut – 2010 to Present
- Connecticut State Medical Society
- Middlesex County Medical Association
- Connecticut Orthopedic Society
PUBLICATIONS/ PRESENTATIONS/POSTER SESSIONS
- Naujoks R, Sotereanos DG. Proximal Row Carpectomy. In: Arthritis of the Hand and Upper Extremity: A Master Skills Publication. S. Glickel and R. Bernstein (Eds.), Data Trace, Chicago, 2010.
- Naujoks R, Baratz M. Elbow Arthroplasty. In: Hand Surgery Updates V. Chung K (Ed.) Data Trace, Chicago, Publication Pending.
- Baratz M, Naujoks R. Osteochondritis Dessicans and UCL lesions of the elbow in the young athlete. Federation for European Societies for Surgery of the Hand. Bucharest, Romania. June, 2010.
- Baratz M, Naujoks R. Osteochondritis Dessicans of the Elbow. Shoulder and elbow conference. Corfu, Greece. June, 2010.
- Weber E, Naujoks R, Smith BG. Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis. Orthopedic Knowledge Online. 2008.
- Benthien RA, Aronow MS, Doran-Diaz V, Sullivan RJ, Naujoks R, Adams DJ. Cyclic loading of Achilles tendon repairs: a comparison of polyester and polyblend suture. Foot Ankle International. July, 2006;27(7):512-8.
- ML Rothenberg, KA Gelmon, E Eisenhauer, H Hirte, W Vermeulen, R Naujoks, M Hamilton, SL Warren, N Onetto, GD Demetri. Phase I Evaluation of Liposomal Topoisomerase I Inhibitor, NX 211, Given on Days 1,2,3 or Days 1,8 Every 3 Weeks to Patients with Advanced Solid Tumor. Proceedings of the American Society of Clinical Oncologists, May, 2000; Abstract 3176.
- Demetri GD, Spiegelman B, Fletcher CD, Mueller E, Sarraf P, Naujoks R, Robinson LP, Singer S. Differentiation of Liposarcomas in Patients Treated with the PPAR g Ligand Troglitazone: Documentation of Biologic Activity in Myxoid/Round Cell and Pleomorphic Subtypes. Proceedings of the American Society of Clinical Oncologists, May, 1999; Abstract 2064.
- DeAngelo D, Naujoks R, Manola J, Harmon D, Demetri G. Phase II Study of Irinotecan (CPT-11) in Relapsed or Refractory Soft Tissue Sarcoma. ASCO Poster Presentation May, 2000; Abstract 2186.
- Demetri GD, Fletcher CD, Mueller E, Sarraf P, Naujoks R, Campbell N, Spiegelman BM, Singer S. Induction of solid tumor differentiation by the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma ligand troglitazone in patients with liposarcoma. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, March, 1999; 96(7), 3951-3956.
ORTHOPEDIC COURSES / TRAINING
- December, 2007 AO Advances in Operative Fracture Management, Davos, Switzerland
- September, 2007 New England Fracture Forum, Portland, ME
- June, 2006 AO Advanced Upper Extremity Course, Newport, RI
- October, 2005 AO Basic Course, Newport, RI