Dr. Reardon is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. He specializes in advanced arthroscopic techniques related to sports medicine such as arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs. He also cares for patients with general orthopedic injuries and arthritis. Dr. Reardon has extensive experience with joint reconstruction and replacement of the shoulder, knee and hip including partial knee replacements and minimally invasive direct anterior hip replacement.
Patients typically come to Dr. Reardon with shoulder, hip and knee issues that stem from sports injuries or arthritis. He operates on all body parts except for the spine and foot. With a patient-centric practice, Dr. Reardon treats each patient with respect and recommends with a personalized care plan.
Dr. Reardon graduated from Tufts University with a bachelor’s degree in Bio-Psychology and Classics where he played ice hockey. He received his medical degree from the University of Virginia School of Medicine. Dr. Reardon completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. He completed his fellowship training in Sports Medicine at the New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, the hospital of the Boston Celtics.
He is affiliated with Middlesex Hospital. He is on the Board of Directors for the Middlesex Center for Advanced Orthopedic Surgery and for the Connecticut State Medical Society(CSMS-IPA) . Dr. Reardon is a member of the AMA, The Middlesex County Medical Association, Connecticut State Medical Association, Connecticut Orthopedic Society and the New England Orthopedic Society.
He has been named a Castle Connolly Top Doctor (also referred to as a Connecticut Top Doctor) by Connecticut Magazine since 2010.
Dr. Reardon is married, has three children, two dogs and enjoys spending his free time mountain biking, exercising and traveling with his family.
- Commercial Plans (Except the Aetna Premier Care Network)
- Managed Medicare
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Cards with the “PPO” inside the suitcase logo
Connecticut State Works Compensation
- Commercial CT, MetroNY
- Cigna MetroNY
- Commercial, including Exchange
- Managed Medicare
- GHI: CBP, National, Tristate; Bridge, Network Access, Medicare Choice PPO
- HIP: Prime, Premium, Select Care, Bridge, Medicare VIP Prime/Bold
- With Connecticare: HMO/PPO/POS and Medicare Choice / Passage
- Commercial Liberty and Freedom Plans
- Commercial Charter, Choice, Core, Navigate, Nexus, PPO, Select and Doctors plan
- Golden Rule
- Managed Medicare
With multiple locations across the region, find the one that is most convenient for you.
Sports Medicine Fellowship – New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency – University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, MA
Tufts University, Medford, MA
General Surgery Intership – University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, MA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery: Orthopaedic Surgery Board Certification
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery (AAOS)
- Connecticut Orthopedic Society
- Connecticut State Medical Society
- Middlesex County Medical Association
- New England Orthopedic Society
- Middlesex Center for Advanced Orthopedic Surgery, Middletown, CT
- Middlesex Hospital, Middletown, CT
- Midstate Medical Center
- Castle Connolly and Connecticut Magazine Top Doctor, 2010 – Present
- Book Chapter – Morgan WJ, Reardon TF: Carpal Fractures of the Wrist. in Pappas AM (ed): Upper Extremity Injuries in the Athlete. New York, Churchill Livingstone, 1995.
- Koss SD, Reardon TF, and Groves RJ. Recurrent carpal tunnel syndrome due to tuberculoid leprosy in an Asian Immigrant. J Hand Surg 1993;18A:740-2.