Brandon Prioreschi, M.D.
Brandon Prioreschi, M.D.
Orthopaedic Surgery / Joint Replacement
Office: (860) 347-7636
Fax: (860) 894-1894
Anterior Total Hip & Total Knee Replacement
Robotic Total Hip & Total Knee Replacement
Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
Advanced Revision Surgery for Total Hip & Total Knee Replacement
Partial Knee Replacement
Arthritis Care of the Active Adult
Operative & Non-Operative Fracture Care
Care of the Active Duty Service Members of the U.S.A Armed Forces
- Dr. Prioreschi grew up in Colorado and completed his undergraduate course work at the Colorado School of Mines, graduating Magna Cum Laude in Engineering. He then completed his medical training at Albany Medical College where he again graduated with distinction as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. Dr. Prioreschi completed orthopaedic residency at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Following residency, Dr. Prioreschi served as an Active Duty Lieutenant Commander in the United States Navy focusing in all problems common to an Active Duty, high demand population. Dr Prioreschi completed his training with a fellowship in adult reconstruction at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Dr. Prioreschi is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and an active fellow of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. He specializes in advanced techniques related to hip and knee arthritis including total hip and total knee replacements as well as revision hip and knee replacement. He provides the complete spectrum of hip and knee care to include sports injuries, minimally invasive anterior total hip replacement and robotic hip and knee replacements through revision total hip and knee replacement. He is also specially trained and certified to perform bone conserving Birmingham Hip Resurfacing procedures for active adults with hip arthritis. He is affiliated with Middlesex Hospital, the Middlesex Center for Advanced Orthopaedic Surgery and Midstate Medical Center.
- Throughout medical school, residency, and fellowship he served in the United States Navy – 2008-2017 as a Reserve Officer and 2017-2021 as an Active Duty Orthopaedic Surgeon – with duty stations including Unites States Naval Hospital Guam and Navy Medical Readiness Training Command Bremerton. He provided operative and non-operative care for the Active Duty Servicemen and women, their families and retirees as well as the Special Forces and Submarine Community. He served as Head of Orthopaedics during his tour at NMRTC Bremerton.
- In his free time, he enjoys hiking, skiing, and the full spectrum of outdoor activities as well as furniture building and fine woodworking. Dr. Prioreschi was a collegiate wrestler and high school wrestling coach during his Active Duty tenure. Dr. Prioreschi is married with two young children and a wonderful rescue dog named Nori. His family provides the greatest joy of his life.
PHYSICIAN SPOTLIGHT – Q & A
Get to know Dr. Brandon Prioreschi, total hip and knee replacement specialist, who joined Orthopedic Associates of Middletown in September 2022. Read about his background, patient philosophy and more here.
- Fellowship – Adult Reconstruction – The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland OH – 2021 to 2022
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery – Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH – 2012 to 2017
- Medical School – Albany Medical College, Albany, NY – 2008 to 2012
- Undergraduate – The Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO – 2003 to 2007
- Middlesex Center for Advanced Orthopedic Surgery, Middletown, CT – 2022 to Present
- Middlesex Hospital, Middletown, CT – 2022 to Present
- Midstate Medical Center – 2022 to Present
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons – 2019 to Present
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – 2019 to Present
- Fellow of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons – 2020 to Present
- Connecticut State Medical License – 2022 to present
- Washington State Medical License – 2020 to 2022
- New Hampshire State Medical License – 2015 to Present
- Ohio State Medical License – 2021 to Present
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – 2020
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Certification – 2022
- Mako Robotic Total Hip and Total Knee Certification – 2021
- Professional Engineer In Training (EIT) – 2007
HONORS AND RECOGNITIONS
- 2021 Naval Medical Readiness Command Bremerton Provider of the year (Read Article)
- 2021 Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal
- 2021 Armed Forces Service Medal
- 2019 Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- 2019 Navy and Marine Corp Overseas Service Ribbon
- 2018 Navy and Marine Corp Overseas Service Ribbon
- 2018 Global War on Terrorism Medal
- 2017 National Defense Ribbon
- 2017 Dartmouth-Hitchcock Resident Leader Award
- 2011 Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- 2010 Letter of Academic Excellence Albany Medical College
- 2009 Letter of Academic Excellence Albany Medical College
PUBLICATIONS AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- Christian JG, Byers TE, Christian KK, Goldstein MG, Bock BC, Prioreschi B, Bessesen DH. “A computer support program that helps clinicians provide patients with metabolic syndrome tailored counseling to promote weight loss,” Journal of the American Diet Association, January 2011, 111(1): 75-83.
- Henderson ER, Prioreschi B, Mata-Fink A, Bell JE. “Use of the spider limb positioner in oncologic lower extremity surgery,” Expert Review of Medical Devices, November 2014, 11(6):581-5
- Lewicki, Kathleen BS; Prioreschi, Brandon MD; Koenig, Karl MD; Keeney, Benjamin PhD; Bartelstein, Meredith MD; Moucha, Calin MD; Van Citters, Douglas PhD, MS. “The Effect of Absorbable Calcium Sulfate on Wear Rates in Ultra-high–Molecular-weight Polyethylene: Potential Implications for Its Use in Treating Arthroplasty Infections,” Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, June 2017, Volume 25, Issue 6, pe114–e120
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – “Improving Same-Day Orthopaedic X-ray Wait Time”. Project lead for improving the patient experience and reducing wait times for same day orthopaedic x-rays. Performed a “deep-dive” evaluation and optimization leading to a reduction in wait times from nearly 1 hour +/- 26 minutes to under 30 minutes with a SD of 11 minutes and an error rate sigma of 3.1. Projected annual time savings of 37,800 min at a cost of $0. US Naval Hospital Bremerton, Bremerton, WA
- Proposed, designed and championed the rapid recovery program at Naval Hospital Guam. Worked with the anesthesia department to increase regional anesthesia and perioperative non-narcotic, multimodal analgesia. US Naval Hospital Guam, Hagatna, GU